支持保護龍環葡韻鷺鳥林(Save the wild egret wetland on Taipa)
The wetland near the Taipa Houses Museum is one of just seven wetlands remaining in Macau. It is also the one and only place for egrets to nestle in. Each year, more than 500 egrets of various species breed or rest on this land. There are approximately 30 to 40 different types of egrets. The land is the most precious natural treasure in Macau and it is a place where both tourists and residents can get closer to nature and enjoy bird-watching.
Unfortunately, the government has recently announced that it plans to build a Traffic Information & Safety Center right next to the land where the egrets live and breed. This will not only scare the egrets away, but this will also destroy the precious natural environment of Macau. As residents of Macau, we value the importance of living in harmony with birds and nature. We hope that the government would understand our concern and find an alternative location for the Traffic Information & Safety Center. We hope the egrets can live in peace on the wetland so that future generations can continue to enjoy watching them.
While the panda is one of our national treasures, the egret is also a very important part of our wildlife which needs our protection. In 2011, Hong Kong built a natural, protective area for egrets so that in 20 years, they will make the wetland their permanent home to live and breed. On the contrary, Macau is blessed with such natural beauty, that egrets are able to live in natural areas that do not require man-made planning. We do not want to destroy our natural areas with our own hands.
We believe that our government is willing to listen to its residents and respects our opinions. Environmental preservation is a joint effort by both residents and the government for a better Macau. We present this petition in the hopes that we might have a greener future for generations to come.
In cooperation with:
- “Love Egrets, Love Macau” group
- “Green Life in Macau’
- “Macau Eco-Friends” group
- “Macau People, Love Macau and Macau Affairs” group
- “Macau Green Student Union”
1. All personal data collected will be used for statistical purposes only and correspondence for this petition. The number of signature and names will be submitted to the government for petition with your permission to make it open for the public.
2. Upon signing, you will receive an email verification letter. Please click to verify your signature and support.